- Ursula K Le Guin on what is a technology. 6 Nov 2022
A look at a short article by Le Guin on what consitutes technology, and how that encapsulates a lot of what I like about the communities I've tended to gravitate towards of late.
Some new music that I've been listening to.
- Arbor Drop Cruiser 15 Sep 2022
I finally stop putting off switching out my longboard for something more suitable: another longboard.
- Made With Macintosh 13 Sep 2022
A reflection on what a simple web button on an old website represented to me, and what I still feel is important today.
- Raynaud's Syndrome tactics 8 May 2022
A look at Raynaud's Syndrome and how I try deal with it.
- Notes on baking with live yeast 3 Jan 2022
Some notes on, and recipes using, live yeast for bread and treats.
- Lightening the load 22 Nov 2021
Squishing the bandwidth footprint of this site with webp.
- Dithered 6 Feb 2021
A look at the film photography aesthetic equivalent for the digital age.
- Modern Color 2 Aug 2020
A look at photography book Modern Color, an unusually vivid look at the 50s and 60s through the eyes of Fred Herzog.
- Hugo Is Boss 20 Jul 2020
A quick look at what I like about the static site generator Hugo.
- Rushed Migration 11 Jul 2020
Some notes on why this website suddenly looks different.
- Focal lengths, part deux 24 Apr 2020
Why my favourite lens wasn't the one I thought it was.